Hello, I'm Seth Mueller, a strategy and marketing consultant.
My name is Seth Mueller. I'm a strategist. I believe the world is best viewed in the present, adjusted for the past and optimized for the future. My life is focused on finding best solutions, both individually and collaboratively. However, my pursuit for excellence differs from mainstream due to a trait instilled in me since infancy, the knack and determination to see a situation from others' perspectives.
More concretely, I'm the principal of Match Consulting, where I focus on igniting client growth through strategic marketing initiatives. Increasing revenue is key. Quick fixes are good, but not as beneficial as proper problem identification, relevant analysis and optimum strategies that address the heart of an issue, not its manifestations.
Over the past few years, I've had the opportunity to:
- Lead international business development teams in nations across Africa;
- Train international development teams and their leaders to travel the world;
- Fulfill the role as a graduate assistant to the Dean of the College of Business at ORU, who was also the Dean of Distance Education and lead marketing professor at ORU;
- Travel the U.S. in a 4 month promotion and performance of a record album for ORU;
- Work with organizations in cross-disciplinary industries, including foreign agriculture, electrical utilities, design (graphic, photo and video), music, medical, education (primary, secondary and higher), U.S. refugee aide, foreign aide, community development, and other non-profit segments.
This global experience, artistic expression and intellectual assertiveness couples beautifully with my specialized business education, providing a balance of creative innovation and practical application. All of the former encompassed in a worldview dripping with perspective.
You can connect with me here or at:
Seth Mueller's Background
Seth Mueller's Experience
Owner at Match Consulting
October 2011 | Dallas, TX
Bright Marketing | Striking Strategy
MATCH exists solely to ignite client growth, helping businesses fulfill their founding purpose by finding profitable market spaces and developing market leadership through strategy marketing initiatives. Increasing sales is the key.
Owner at Seed Media Productions
We help individuals and organizations with their creative visual needs. We call it "telling their story."
Missions Regional Coordinator for ORU Outreach Ministries at Oral Roberts University
August 2010 - July 2011 | Tulsa, OK
- With student involvement and retention declining for the previous five (5) years, I developed and executed a Student Retention Plan that increased program retention by 17% and decreased the program fall-out rate by 500% in 2011. Implementation continued into 2012, with results still pending. This retention program was developed and executed outside of my assigned responsibilities, and was compensated with a first-of-its-kind reward package.
- Successfully planned and executed five (5) international missions trips, four (4) of which were to new locations with new international contacts. The preparation included leader training (10 leaders) and team training (55+ team members), trip budgeting and forecasting ($135,000+ raised and budgeted), fundraising management, travel itineraries, trip itineraries, contact relationship development and management. All five contacts had excellent feedback on our teams performance and requested teams to come back in 2012.
- Worked with other Regional Coordinators to develop and execute leadership training and team building retreats, bi-weekly meetings, program materials and department systems throughout the year.
Graduate Assistant at Oral Roberts University
June 2010 - May 2011
- Created systems and databases that increased efficiency and provided the Dean with the availability to increase his teaching workload to 15hrs/semester.
- Aided in instructing students in Business Senior Paper, Marketing Management (Grad/Undergrad), Promotional Management (Grad/Undergrad), Personal Selling, Research Methodology (Grad), and Consumer Behavior â guest lecturing, writing exams, managing grades for 200+ students, determining course schedule, tutoring students.
International Development Business Team Leader to Kenya & Senegal at Oral Roberts University
October 2008 - June 2010
- Developed and led two (2) business and international development oriented teams to two (2) new locations working with new contacts. After leading successful trips and developing healthy relationships with the new contacts, they asked ORU to come back the following year. ORU continues to have annual trips to Kenya.
- Created business plans with financial budgeting and forecasting in Senegal for LEAD International to receive $500,000+ in grants. In Kenya, we wrote business plans, created marketing brochures, developed company logos, and designed and implemented a new website for the organization.
- Casted vision and direction for the teams during training and execution of our work, managing all financial budgeting and transactions while traveling to and residing in Kenya and Senegal (5 weeks for each trip).
- Oversaw the work of the teams and guided daily assessment through group examination.
Seth Mueller's Education
Oral Roberts University
2009 – 2011
Oral Roberts University
2006 – 2009
Bachelor of Science
Concentration: Business Administration
Seth Mueller's Interests & Activities
Strategic management, marketing strategy, books, music